Saturday, January 14, 2012

I've Done it Again...

Darn it! I've fallen behind on the blog again... Pretty sure I'm never going to get the hang of this.
Anyway, so much has happened since the last post that I'm just going to have skim the surface.
1. We've Moved! Don't get too excited, it was just across the hall :) We'd been thinking about upgrading to a two bedroom apartment (not for reasons you're hoping for, sorry) we will not be requiring a nursery but you'd be surprised by what you can accumulate after almost 3 years of marriage. Yikes! It's even crazy to me to say that. It doesn't feel like 3 years at all but it is what it is.
One morning as I was leaving for work, I noticed boxes stacked in the stairwell...our Asian neighbors randomly decided to move out! This was perfect for us because apparently we are a little high maintenance when it comes to what we wanted; which was a two bedroom in our same building, on the top floor. (there are only 2) So we snagged it! Now we feel like we live in a mansion, I can't believe how much space just one extra bedroom adds. It's so awesome! We love where we live and it works just perfectly for us.
yep, it was a big move.

2. On Another note, we've both finished another semester! It feels so great to be able to have a life again, this fall semester was a duesy for both Eric and I and we're pumped to be able to say that it's over. YES!
It's hard to explain the feeling you get as you walk out of your last class at the end of finals week, knowing that no matter what; there's nothing left you can do. It's too late to tweak projects any longer or cram for tests and presentations...one of the best feelings in the world!
Here are a few pics of one some of my projects this term:

 This was my easiest; we were told to design a light fixture from scratch. The only thing we we allowed to use that was already assembled was the bulb itself and some way to plug it in. This is what I came up with! I was actually pretty pleased with it and it only took 40 minutes to construct! (Thanks to Sam, Elias and Eric for gathering branches)














These two boards were part of the floral shop I designed. We were given the plans for a retail space at the Las Vegas mall and were able to gut it and design something of our own. I've been wanting to design a floral shop for some time now and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

This was a residential project for a condo with a nursery.
For this project we were to research a festival anywhere in the world and come up with a poster to advertise it.
 
I discovered this awesome festival in Spain called La Tomatina...It's worth checking out! Basically to sum up how it all goes down, the whole city comes together once a year and has a gigantic food fight-with tomatoes. It's the coolest; and the story behind how it all began is even better. To read more check out this site :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomatina  I'd kill to go someday.












No comments:

Post a Comment