Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

I feel like I'm still waiting for the holidays to happen. They came and went SO FAST!
However, There's no question we made the most of it! 

WARNING!!!
PICTURE OVERLOAD

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree!

Our stockings hung by the chimney with care


Lights at Temple Square
Some of the Hobson crew

Grandpa & Grandma Hobson

Grandma & Sam



Christmas Eve:

Christmas Eve (day) was a little hectic during the day with both Eric and I scrambling to get last minute things taken care of and wrapped but as soon as the sun went down, it was time to party. We went over to my Grandparents' house as I have my entire life (pre-marriage) It was so great to be with everyone and the food did not disappoint.

Chandler & Haley (my brother and sister)



Dad with his two sisters and baby Jonah

Sweet Baby Jonah

The "Adult" table

FOOD! 


My babe-of-a-sister Allex

Haley & George















My Grandma had this genius idea this year because all of the gran kids are getting older and harder to choose gifts for, so at the beginning of December, she gave each of us the money she would have spent for our gift along with a role of wrapping paper. We were told to go out an buy something we've really been wanting, then wrap it in the paper provided and bring it to her house on Christmas Eve. When Christmas Eve came, we all sat down and one by one opened our gifts to show my grandparents what they'd bought us! Such a brilliant idea!
Eric and I chose to buy a bookshelf (not pictured) we've desperately been needing.
Grandma & Grandpa with their new Kindle



I wish I had pictures of the live Nativity we had...Eric and Chandler were two of the best wise men I've EVER seen. hehe

 
After everything wound down at the Hobson's we headed over to my in-laws where the Theurer's  hold a Testimony meeting every year on Christmas Eve, late after all of the grand kids are in bed. This has become one of the most tender parts of Christmas for me.We turn all of the lights out and sit by the colorful Christmas tree; adults only.  It gives me the opportunity to to slow down in all of the excitement and truly think of the Savior and of trials and growth from the past year.
Then it's time to head home to have a Christmas of our own.
CHRISTMAS DAY!
Santa doesn't even forget the big kids!

After we finished Christmas morning at our place, we went out to my parents ward and enjoyed a beautiful Christmas Sacrament meeting. From there, we went to my parents house for breakfast and gifts with all of my sibs. I loved having just us there to hang out and be with each other. I love that about Christmas!!! I'm so sad I didn't take any pictures while we were at my parents :(
By mid afternoon we were of to the Theurer's!




Miss Techie
Liz & Jeff glued to their new gadgets

 
Brody playing with his sister's new stroller
Pete & Al
Puzzles with Katie
 I'm missing a lot of pictures from Christmas day...but it may have been because I took them on Carol's camera.  haha I'm sure you get the idea of how it went down by now anyway, I'd just like to have them posted for my own memories sake :)

 We had a blast this Christmas and mostly just loved being together. Here's to another year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment