Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Today is Halloween and I totally love it! The weather is perfect and the atmosphere is even better. Luckily my boss (aka Dad) let me take the morning off so that I could catch Chandler's Halloween parade. He's such a nice boss...Sadly this is Chandler's last year in elementary school and his very last Halloween parade :( I'm still not sure what's happened to him, I thought Chan was supposed to stay little forever. I don't like it at all!
My mom was in charge of helping with all of the 6th grade activities so she had me stay to assist with the picture taking. I had a blast watching and reminiscing about what it was like to be in elementary school...and especially 6th grade. What a hoot. 6th grade is the year where boys start to talk to girls and be friends with them...I'll be honest and admit that my mom and I did a little investigating on who Miss Annie is.... Pretty sure he has a big crush on Annie.
Anyhow, This week has been a little nutso but that's another story for another day. In the spirit of Halloween, Eric and I went to our ward's Halloween party which was great. I didn't even have to coerce Eric into dressing up or give him hourly pep talks all day this year....major progress! I think he actually likes dressing up now. It also helped that Bishop threatened us last week in ward council that we'd better be dressed up. Either way, we had fun and it was nice to have the costumes on hand for some of our other Halloween parties.
We decided to be a Cowboy and Indian this year. For those that don't know, I'm pretty sure when Eric retires we will be moving to a large ranch somewhere so that he can fulfill his dream of being a real cowboy. Either that or he just wants an excuse to have a gun...hmm.... Luckily I come from a strong line of real cowboys so we called up my Grandpa to see if we could borrow some of his attire. No surprise we had success there! I'm just not sure Eric will want to give it back :)


I feel terrible for even posting this but I thought it was hilarious. We stopped by my parents house on our way to our friends Halloween party Halloween night to see Chandler before he headed out to trick-or-treat. It just so happened that Sam was also on her way to a party and had thrown together a last minute costume...she was a Mexican.



This is the part where I hope no one gets offended but we couldn't help it!


Here is Sam attempting to cross the border but is caught by the border patrol :) I know, its so terrible but just for the record; we aren't that racist!

HAPPY HALLOWS EVE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! We got a good kick out of your picture. And by the way I'm blog stalking you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Thanks for being my ONLY follower! :)You need to invite me so that I can read your blog...and stalk you back.

    ReplyDelete