Saturday, September 3, 2011

Football Season

I love football season. I always have and I think it's safe to say that I always will. This week was the kick off for college football and I feel like I'm home again. Cheese ball I know but I'm totally serious.
As I was walking to the stadium to watch our Utes begin their season, I literally felt my heart fill with joy.
Seriously, I love the spirit of it all and I love seeing the sea of red shirts everywhere on game day. I see a car on the street with their U of U flags flapping in the wind and I automatically like the person driving it. I even love the sound of a football game that I don't necessarily care about being on t.v. just so that I can take a nap to it. and  I love the smell of BBQ from all of the crazy U of U tail-gaiters by our house. (I say this because Eric has expressed to me that he'll know he's made it in life when we are those people.) yep. we aim for the stars. and he is 100% honest when he says that's one of his aspirations in life.
Tonight I am sitting here with the husband and his dad flipping through every single NCAA football game on t.v. listening to the two of them talk football..... and argue football. They love it and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment