Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy Birthday America! ...and Eric!


July is flying by WAY too fast. We have been crazy busy but are enjoying every lit bit of July we can. I love July for so many reasons, I love birthdays for one and there are some pretty awesome things born in July. As we all know, America was born on the 4th. There's not much better than being outside on the fourth of July watching fireworks and having a BBQ. I love the smell of July and corn on the cob, swimming and vacations and everything else July has to offer.The 4th was kind of a funny one for Eric and I, the day started off with him going golfing which is great...However, I did homework honestly from 8a.m. to 5p.m. and we hadn't nailed down any plans till he came home around 5. His parents were still in Nauvoo for a few more weeks and all his siblings were out of town. My family was all at the Real game and we were probably too late to tag along...So this is what we did.



My in-laws house sits on a prime location for firework watching so Eric and I picked up on of my favorite cakes from The Store; we even snagged the last one with fireworks on it so I was pretty pumped. Then we pulled up a few lawn chairs on the deck and watched every firework show in the Salt Lake Valley. I wish I had taken a picture of the Sugar House show because it was literally right in front of us! I also forgot that Eric decided to take his bike out for a trail ride...Hence the random dirt bike pic at the top. That was Eric headed back up the street after being out on the trail.
It sounds like a lame night but it was so awesome! It was great to slow down the pace for the night and I hope I never forget this 4th of July.
We also celebrated another very important birth...Mr. Eric Dave Theurer was born on July 10, 1987 ......doing the math makes him 24 years old! Yay for that! His birthday was on a Sunday so the two of us decided to celebrate Saturday night. We went to Tucano's...one of his favs and stuffed ourselves sick with delicious food.
On Sunday we had a party over at the Hobson parentals. It was wild as expected. He chose to have pork chops and goopy cake which were all super yummy thanks to my lovely mom.





Jeff and Carol finally came home this week so we celebrated with them Thursday with some BBQ chicken and root beer floats. I'm so sad, I totally forgot to take pictures at the Theurer's :(
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC! I'm so happy you were born!
 In other news, Eric has been golfing like a maniac. Pretty sure he's gone almost everyday for the past month or so. I'm happy he's able to do something he loves so much on such a regular basis because he's not going to have many summers that will allow him this much leisure time. Live it up while you can honey! He probably won't tell you but he qualified for the State Amature Golf Tournament! This is not easy for those like me who don't (didn't) follow golf much. I think he shot a 76 in the qualifying tournament. I'm really bad at keeping track when I watch him but I loved being there and I don't know how these dudes do it. Tournament play has so much pressure! I'd tank for sure.
Here he is playing in the actual State Amature Tournament up at Soldier Hollow where he didn't play so well. Poor guy had been playing that course so consistently but then came time for the tournament and didn't play very well. I think it was a mixture of nerves and he threw his back out on the second day so he had a hard time driving. Either way, I'm very proud of him.



Also, here's a quick pic of the Hobson Open Champion for the 2nd year in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment