Thursday, June 10, 2010




Pretty sure I'm the worst blogger in the world! This is precisely the reason I sucked at writing in a journal but I'm still working on it!
A lot has happened since the last post, Eric and I have finished the spring semester and I'm done for the summer! It's soooo nice! I thought about cramming in a summer semester but quickly talked myself out of it. haha Eric however is taking one class. Which he likes because it keeps him busy while still allowing plenty of time for golf and work.
We were lucky enough to make a trip to Omaha to see Pete and Ali and the boys! Eric took his last final and we cruised out to the airport with Carol and Jeff about an hour later. It was awesome, we made it in time for Pete's white coat ceremony and were able to spend a lot of time with the crew!
We also made a trip out to Nauvoo during our travels. I had never been and it's one of Jeff and Carol's favorite places on earth. Jeff served his mission in Illinios and they have been in the Nauvoo pageant several times... needless to say he HAD to take me there to see it. haha That's how Jeff is. Ali and the boys even joined us! I quickly learned how special of a place Nauvoo really is. I think it is a place that everyone needs to visit sometime in their lifetime. It was so surreal! Especially to visit Carthage Jail, to stand in the exact same place Joseph Smith stood just before his death, it was incredible. Being in Nauvoo has a way of making you feel the pioneers there and get a glimpse at what their lives were like. I loved it! Definitely a testimony builder for me.




After that, we spent a few more days in Omaha before we had to catch a flight back to Salt Lake. We hit up another one of Owen's soccer games, the zoo, played some late night games and also got to explore downtown Omaha. Good times dudes. We had such a blast spending time with each other and can't wait to see them this summer!
For now, we will enjoy the warm weather and I will continue training for the Wasatch Back. I'm beyond nervous! I have some rough legs of the race but I think I can do it. At least I hope so haha I guess we'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment